Invite Welcome Connect 2018 Summit: Going Deeper
June 12 – 14, 2018
Invite Welcome Connect is a transformational ministry that equips and empowers clergy and lay leaders to cultivate intentional practices of evangelism, hospitality, and connectedness rooted in the Gospel imperative to “Go and make disciples of all nations” (Matthew 28:19). Designed to accommodate congregations of all sizes, Invite Welcome Connect has been integrated into 45 dioceses of The Episcopal Church, seminaries, colleges, and other parts of the Anglican Communion.
The third national Invite Welcome Connect Summit, held June 12–14 at the University of the South in Sewanee, TN, will be a wonderful opportunity for seasoned practitioners and newcomers to come together in fellowship to learn, share ideas, worship, and further explore this powerful ministry. In addition to plenary talks and presentations, there will be workshops introducing first-timers to Invite Welcome Connect, and workshops for more experienced practitioners who want to go deeper into the theological truths and practicalities of each aspect of this ministry: Invite, Welcome, and Connect.
Speakers and Facilitators
- Opening Eucharist: The Rt. Rev. Robert C. Wright, Bishop of the Episcopal Diocese of Atlanta;
- Plenaries: Mary Parmer, Program Director, Invite Welcome Connect; and the Rev. Canon Frank Logue, Canon to the Ordinary, Episcopal Diocese of Georgia;
- Workshop Facilitators:
- The Rev. Brent Owens, Associate Dean, Christ Church Cathedral, Lexington, KY;
- Catherine Pryor Miller, Retreat Leader and Spiritual Director;
- The Rev. Chris Harris, Assistant Rector, St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church, Poway, CA;
- The Rev. David F. Romanik, Associate Rector, Episcopal Church of the Redeemer, Bryn Mawr, PA;
- The Rev. Donna J. Gerold, the Episcopal Diocese of Alabama;
- The Rev. Lisa Mason, Rector, St. David's Episcopal Church, San Antonio, TX;
- Mary MacGregor, Canon for Congregational Vitality, the Episcopal Diocese of Texas, retired;
- The Rev. Matt Holcombe, Associate Rector, Christ Episcopal Church, Charlotte, NC;
- Molly Carnes, Connections Missioner, St. Mary's Episcopal Church, Houston, TX;
- The Rev. Paul Pradat, Rector, St. Thomas Episcopal Church, Huntsville, AL;
- Dr. Courtney Cowart, Director, the Society for the Increase of the Ministry, New York, NY;
- James Goodmann, Associate Director, the Beecken Center, Sewanee, TN.
Location: The University of the South, Sewanee, TN
Single room: $375
Double room: $320
Commuter rate (no accommodation): $220 (For travel information and nearby accommodations, visit our accommodations page.)
Meals are included.
Registration will commence at 2 p.m. CST on June 12th, and the conference will end with lunch at 12 p.m. on June 14th.
Having trouble using this form? Register here.