Travel & Accommodations
The two closest airports to Sewanee are the Chattanooga Airport (CHA), about 60 miles away, and Nashville International Airport (BNA), about 90 miles away. Sewanee is located about 5 miles from I-24, which runs between Nashville and Chattanooga.
Groome Transportation runs a quick, convenient shuttle service from Chattanooga, Atlanta, and Nashville, with a stop at the Best Western Smokehouse Lodge in Monteagle, Tenn., about five miles from campus. Reservations for shuttle service can be made at groometransportation.com.
There are many options for accommodations in and around Sewanee. We recommend the following:
- The Sewanee Inn, on the University campus
- St. Mary's Sewanee & the Ayers Center for Spiritual Development, about three miles from campus
- DuBose Conference Center, Monteagle, Tenn., about six and a half miles from campus
- The Smoke House Restaurant, Lodge & Trading Post, Monteagle, Tenn., about five miles from campus
- The deRosset House, on campus in Sewanee
- The Monteagle Inn, about six miles from campus
- Franklin Pearson Inn, Cowan, Tenn., about seven miles down the mountain from Sewanee.
In addition, private houses are available to rent. An extensive list of available rentals (and other lodging options) may be found here: sewaneegateway.com.
There are several excellent restaurants in and around Sewanee, as well as places for coffee and light meals. We recommend the following:
- Blue Chair Café (breakfast, lunch, and dinner; attached pub)
- Crossroads Cafe (lunch and dinner; Singaporean cuisine, excellent for large groups)
- Ivywild (fine dining, full bar)
- Pearl’s Foggy Mountain Café (fine dining, full bar)
- Stirlings (on campus, café and sandwiches)
- High Point (fine dining, full bar)
- Papa Ron’s (Italian, pizza, full bar)
- Dave’s Modern Tavern (American, full bar, large craft beer selection)
- Fiesta Grill (Mexican food, full bar)
If you have questions or concerns about your travel to Sewanee, don't hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.